Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lyme report

I started my new Lyme protocol on August 9th, and the ensuing brain fog is still really thick, but I did want to describe what's going on for any readers with Lyme.


I'm taking Septra DS, Zithromycin, and Omnicef on MWF, twice a day. Plus Flagyl ThF, twice a day. Two weeks on, one week off.  Mega probiotics including Saccharomyces boulardii.


So far I have this to say: yikes.  All symptoms worsened, some dramatically so.  LD was completely correct to insist on my taking Neurontin -- she said my central nervous system was going to go nuts once on antibiotics and oh yeah, she was right. My sleep is messed up, short term memory a goner, shooting nerve pain all over, no energy at all.


Wheee!


At least this worsening seems to be following the usual path. I watched Under Our Skin with my sister-in-law last week, and as harrowing as the movie is at times, it was pretty wonderful to see people sicker than I've ever been rebound to good health.


Anyway, obviously I'm hoping that this period is over quickly and I'll be back to posting. At the moment though, I can barely string a sentence together.

No comments:

Post a Comment